Major Submission: Warm Brothers

 


I set out to achieve an animated short that looks visually stunning and also makes the viewer question the meaning behind it. Animation, from my point of view, is the most intense form of art as it links so many different art forms together - drawing, modelling, painting, acting, character design, texture design, environment design, sound design and music. The last - music - has always been a big inspiration in my life. Which is why I wanted to have an animation that is strongly driven by music. Through the abstract look of my stags I wanted to make the film feel more out of this world, but still feel familiar with its natural look of the stags and environment. So they are a mix of a realistic stags and ghost, almost robot like energy sources. The story of two hyper masculine creatures that equally envy and adore one another - for their appearance and strength. The queer coding of this film is very subtle but it was important for me to create a film that I feel strongly connected with - because after all when will you get the chance again to create something that is entirely created and inspired by your own fantasy? 

 

Final Film "Warm Brothers"



Rendering & Lighting Submission 


Scene List by Vincent Lange on Scribd

                                           



Making Of Document

Please see also my UPDATED Art Of Version

Making of Warm Brothers by Vincent Lange on Scribd

 




 Turnarounds





 Minor Submission 


Premise Submission

Comments

Popular Posts