Minor Reflective Statement

 


The minor helped me to develop my premise story further. Especially the animatic helped me to visualise my story and I got excited for the animation part. Modeling my stag model was not necessarily how I imagined to model my character as I was really looking forward to learn how to sculpt in Z brush. But that was sadly not possible. Nevertheless I am pretty happy with the outcome of modeling my stag in Maya. I also played around a bit with the textures as well, especially  with the lights and presets in Maya. However I haven’t really found the finished texture yet as I am not entirely sure how realistic or how abstract I really want them to look like. 
I was fairly pleased after I created the rig for my quadruped character. However the skinning part has turned out to be quite challenging. But I have learned a lot in the process already and I’m looking forward to being able to animate my character soon. 

Furthermore I have been in constant contact with the composer for my animation piece. He has send me some example pieces and I am looking forward to see what he will come up with and how his music will inspire me to animate my film.

Overall I am pretty happy  with what I have created in the last couple month. Even though I started 3D work pretty late, I am even more motivated to finish the rigging part and move to animation soon. It is very motivating to see your character in 3D and I’m looking forward to the end result of my film.


Comments

Popular Posts