Character Design - Week #3

In this weeks Character Design session we focused on the locations of storys. I was given the Bran Castle in Romania as a reference and was the asked to draw it "ruined".





Left - original
Right - ruined 



We then had to focus on the inside of the location, give the objects on the inside a purpose and story.





In the second half we focused on our main project again. Since my story is taking place as a Las Vegas show I looked into different versions of circus tents.






Since the show in Las Vegas will not be a temporary attraction like a circus tent, I tried to mix the idea of a circus tent with existing buildings in Las Vegas. 




Lastly I focused on my character again - the giraffe. I found a really helpful sketch with simple joints in an animation book and re-drew it.




Based on this drawing I tried to create different poses of the giraffe. Since I am having a hard time to give the giraffe a more exaggerated / cartoon style I tried to create some more humanized poses.






Comments

Popular Posts