FSTS - Reflective Statement



Looking back at the last seven weeks I have to say I enjoyed the From Script to Screen project more than I first expected. After struggling a bit in my last projects, I did not know what to expect from this project but I have to say FSTS has been my favourite project so far.

Not only did I really like the prompts that I were given (who doesn't like a bearded lady) but also my whole project management has never been better.

From the beginning I knew I wanted to use this project to leave my comfort zone of realistic artwork to experiment a little more. Within this project I did not only learn about and made use of a whole new animation style (UPA) but also was able to work in a complete new program (Adobe Illustrator).

As always it took me a while to get used to the program but at the end I definitely was able to benefit  from Adobe Illustrator, especially in the drawing style that I was going for.

Along with the UPA style came the music for my short film. I researched into music of the time and included instrumental sound effects that were actually used in UPA films, along with a 1940 fire siren. I enjoyed working on the music more than I expected, even though I was not quite sure at the end if the instrumental sound effects were the right choice after listening to them for multiple hours... 

Looking at the story of my short film I'm really glad I was pushed to look beyond the obvious. Even though it was quite challenging to get the story told within the time frame of two minutes.

Overall I am really satisfied with the final outcome but I am even more happy about my time management in this project. For the first time I did not feel pressured, I got everything done in time and for the first time was able to give the Art Of a unique look. Furthermore I felt more confident than ever to present my story and I was a little bit overwhelmed about the positive feedback I have received.

Personally, I learned so many new things within this project, such as storyboarding or script writing and I feel inspired and motivated for the next project!





Comments

Popular Posts