Final Exterior Shot - Isaura


Today I coloured the exterior shot for my chosen city Isaura. Since I decided to represent the god of the city as a snake I used a snake as an influence for the look of my city.
I also included a water snake in the right bottom corner, to give the god a physical form as well. 
The mood of the thumbnails is supported by the sunrise, which causes  shadows on one side of the cliff and light on the other.
Nevertheless I am no quite sure if I should include the sunbeams or not, since it covers a lot of the city.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Isaura Exterior Shot with Sunbeams




Isaura Exterior Shot without Sunbeams


Comments

  1. Without sunbeams for me... also, just in terms of 'depth of field' - here, the mountains in the background have really crisp outlines, the line of the wave has a really crisp line, and the 'ropes' on the mountain are really crisp - but the face of the city itself has a softness to it. I think you need to think maybe about how a practical camera might see this image - if the photographer was seeking to zone our attention on the necessary detail, he'd limit his depth of field accordingly; not everything could be as crisp as you've drawn it here - and maybe shouldn't be if you're trying to draw us in to what's most important?

    https://www.photopills.com/articles/ultimate-guide-depth-field

    ReplyDelete
  2. take it from someone who put sunbeams in all their work last year. don't do it- just ask phil for the story of my crit day xD
    love this painting though! the composition is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts