All 3 Final Isaura Drawings + Reflective Statement + GIFs

Reflective Statement:

Looking back at the progress I have made over the last 4 weeks  I am very pleased with the outcome of my final three paintings.  Even though I did not work a lot with digital drawing before, I am now much more experienced and confident to work in photoshop. I did not only use custom brushes and custom shapes for my drawings but also used different photoshop tools and know a lot of the shortcuts by now.
It took me a while to realize the benefits of digital drawing such as bring reference pictures into photoshop to use them for example for colour pallets or to use them as a guideline for different shapes.  Furthermore it is really nice to work in layers so you can play around with saturation or blending or even delete something if it is not working out. 
However it was still hard for me to blend colours in without using any line-art and I could also improve my skills in working more crispy and detailed on some areas. I especially had problems drawings without any outlines because without the line-art the objects often blended in with the background. Nevertheless drawing my 100 thumbnail only digitally was a good practice for my final pieces but I enjoyed both very much - working on fast sketches and on the detailed finish concepts. 
Comparing my three concept paintings I am the most satisfied with my exterior shot, which was also my first drawing I did. Since I spend the most time on my first drawing and I neglected the other two drawings a bit. The outline sketch I did for my low angle shot was originally my strongest drawing. However I struggled a lot with the right perspective and at the end I wanted to include too much into the drawing, which is why it did not turn out the way I wanted. 
A big part of this project was also the research which helped me a lot to give my ideas a shape and form. It also influenced my whole concept of the city especially considering aspects like climate, food supply, different classes and the strong religious believe of my city. However because of missing time at the end I was not able to include those background thoughts in written form into the ‘Art-of‘. 
In the beginning of the project I had a very structured time management and could finish everything in time for the OGR. But afterwards I worked sloppily which is why I had to finish a lot on the last day of the deadline. I hope to improve that for my next project, so I have enough time for each task of the project and finish everything to my satisfaction.
Summing up it can be said that this project helped me a lot to gain skills in digital drawing but also supported my skills in researching and time managing and I am really looking forward to the next project.

Here are my three final concept drawings of the city Isaura for my environment project:


Exterior Establishing Shot






Exterior Low Angle Shot







Interior Establishing Shot




And the GIFs showing the process of my drawings:








Comments

Popular Posts