Zenobia | Thumbnails 1-6



Zenobia

Drawings number 1 - 6 

For my thumbnail drawings I decided to create six for each city. For these six thumbnail drawings I will use three main influence pictures (see above).



I decided to start the other way around and create my first thumbnail drawings of the last city in the book.
While drawing I decided to experiment with different brushes and the degree of the saturation. 
I personally like thumbnail drawing 1, 4 and 6 the best. 
Number one has a certain atmosphere that is supported by the rising sun and the foggy look. For number four I enjoyed to draw the background a little bit more abstract by just using shapes. For number six I simply enjoyed drawing all these bamboos!

However I struggled a lot with thumbnail drawing 2 and 3. 
For number two I just was not able to draw is as three dimensional as I was hoping and in genreal it looks very plain. 
I had a very strange idea for number three but I could not visualize it. It was inspired by one of my influence pictures but I just was not able to make it look vividly. 

In general I feel like I am taking too much time on each drawing and rather should move on to the next one when I realize my idea is not working. I will try to improve that with my next thumbnail drawings.

Comments

  1. I really like thumbnail number 4 there's a lot of depth and contrast, and I think the angle is very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep - 4 is strong and evocative and yes, looks like you're taking too much time and trying too make things look lovely - don't fall into the trap of polishing your thumbnails - make quick, instinctive, exploratory studies and move on :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts