Environment - Introduction + Perspective Studies




Our very first project of the course is about environment. It will help us to understand the work as a Concept Artist and Animator. The aim of this unit is to gain skills in digital drawing as well as develop skills in researching and time managing.




‘With cities, it is as with dreams: everything imaginable can be dreamed...’
Italo Calvino, Invisible Cities 

First of all we have to create 100 thumbnail drawings based of 14 cities in Italo Calvino`s book 'Invisible Cities'.
At the end we have to create three digital drawings based of one of the cities. The final shots have to be the following:
  1. 1)  Exterior Establishing Shot
  2. 2)  Exterior Low Angle Shot
  3. 3)  Interior Establishing Shot 


I started this project by reading each of the chapters of the book and took notes meanwhile, as well as drawing quick sketches of what came to my mind. Furthermore I researched inspirational images for each city that helped me to get a better picture of each city.

Before I started with my thumbnail drawings I also did a quick 2 point and 3. perspective practice. 


In the following days I will start posting my thumbnail drawings - stay tuned! 

Comments

  1. a nice introductory post, Vincent - I await more with interest - I'm intrigued to see what lies within that pile of sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts